Exterior Foundation Crack Repair for Your Home Basement in Aurora Naperville and Across The Greater Chicago Area
Exterior foundation crack repair is a process that involves several steps to ensure that the foundation is properly repaired and protected against water infiltration. Here are the general steps we follow when performing exterior foundation crack repair:
- Excavation: The first step in exterior foundation crack repair is excavation. This involves digging a trench around the perimeter of the foundation wall to expose the damaged area.
- Clean and prepare the area: Once the area is excavated, it needs to be cleaned and prepared. This may involve removing debris, dirt, and any loose or damaged materials from the surface of the foundation wall.
- Apply waterproofing membrane: After preparing the surface, a waterproofing membrane is applied to the foundation wall. The membrane is a thick, rubber-like material that is designed to seal the surface of the foundation wall and prevent water from penetrating it.
- Install drainage board: Once the membrane is applied, a drainage board is installed. This is a plastic sheet that has dimples on one side and a smooth surface on the other. The drainage board helps to direct water away from the foundation wall and towards the drainage system.
- Fill the crack: After the membrane and drainage board are installed, the crack is filled with a specialized sealant material. This material is designed to be flexible so that it can move with the foundation wall without cracking.
- Backfill and grade: Finally, the trench is backfilled with soil and graded away from the foundation wall. This helps to ensure that water flows away from the foundation and towards the drainage system.
Overall, exterior foundation crack repair can be an effective way to address foundation cracks and prevent water from entering your basement.