What Are Some Signs My Home Needs Foundation Repair?
There are several signs that your house may need the services of a foundation repair contractor. Here are some common signs to look out for:
- Cracks in walls, floors, or ceilings: Cracks that appear in brick, concrete, or drywall can indicate that the foundation is shifting or settling.
- Uneven floors: Floors that are sloping or uneven can indicate that the foundation is settling or shifting.
- Doors and windows that stick: If doors or windows are difficult to open or close, it may be a sign that the foundation is shifting and causing the frames to warp.
- Gaps around doors and windows: Gaps between doors, windows, and their frames can indicate that the foundation is shifting and causing the structure to become misaligned.
- Water damage in the basement or crawl space: If you notice water damage, moisture, or mold in your basement or crawl space, it may be a sign that the foundation is cracking or settling and allowing water to seep in.
- Chimney leaning: A chimney that is tilting or leaning away from the house can indicate that the foundation is shifting or settling.
If you notice any of these signs, it’s important to consult with a qualified foundation repair contractor to assess the extent of the damage and recommend appropriate repairs. Early detection and repair can help prevent further damage and save you money in the long run.